Friday, June 26, 2009

Analyzing the Bulls - Post Draft

HT's Two Sense

So, the NBA draft was last night, and I even watched a big chunk of the 1st Round. The player I most wanted for my Bulls was Henderson, but I knew he wouldn't last that long.

Going into the draft, we needed a big man with an offensive presence, and maybe a scorer if Gordon leaves.

I was thrilled to get James Johnson at 16. He's a great athlete and can play the 4, and even has 3 point range. He could really develop into a 20-8 player, which is something we've needed on the inside for a long time.

Taj at 26 was just an ok pick to me. It becomes a better pick if we make a deal and move Thomas. Maybe a Thomas/Deng for Amare package? That's better return for the Suns than I heard about in another rumor involving Amare.

Now we focus on Gordon. I'm really torn here. I love his scoring ability, and he's fun to watch, but he doesn't play defense and he often goes in spurts. If he's hot, he can score with anyone in the league, when he's cold, its ugly.

Free Agency opens up the 1st and Detroit has there eye on Gordon, although not sure where he'd play unless they trade Rip.
We also have some trading coming up, its inevitable, and several players will be on the move.

I will be back with more when camp opens.....or a trade happens.

No comments: