Tuesday, September 18, 2007

McNabb's future is in Chicago?

Could McNabb be the next QB in Chi-Town?

We all heard the rumors last year, and there was a lot of validity as to the reasons why. Rex was struggling, Philly was growing tired of McNabb, and McNabb is a Chicago guy.

So, here we sit 2 weeks into the NFL season, and the rumors are already starting again. Grossman is "holding back" the Bears. McNabb is hearing boo after boo from his home crowd.

Now, a trade during the season has a 99.99% chance of not happening. In fact, a trade at all probably has a 90% chance of not happening. But here is what I do know:

  • Chicago's window for the SB is open. Their weakest link is no doubt the QB position.
  • McNabb is not happy in Philly, no matter what he says.
  • Philly is not happy with McNabb, especially the fans.
  • McNabb is a Chicago guy, and has already spoken highly of the Bears.
  • Rex is in the last year of his contract, and doing nothing to warrant an extension.
  • It makes perfect sense for both teams

McNabb is 31 years old, and the Eagles already drafted his replacement in Kolb. The Bears have Greise and Orton behind Grossman, nothing that really inspires confidence.

With every 2 interception game Rex has, the calls will continue to get louder. I've always supported Rex, but I'm grwing very impatient with him. He just doesn't make good decisions under pressure, and he could have easily cost us the game against KC if not for Devin Hester. How long can Chicago leave him in there? How long can the defense and ST keep carrying Rex?

I do know this; McNabb would be a HUGE updgrade, and all the Bears need is a QB that can intimidate teams, not one that gets intimidated.

I hate to admit it, but I think the Rex experiment is winding down. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Greise get the nod very soon. I still have hopes for Grossman, he has all the tools, and hopefully he can still put it together, but it may not be in Chicago.

I'm not sure what the Bears would have to give up, probably a 1st rounder and something else, but I think it would be well worth it. Jerry Angelo is a great GM, and I have the confidence in him to get something done.

Will McNabb ever have an Orange "C" on his helmet...your guess is as good as mine, but I know it would look good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a Cowboy Fan, I would be overjoyed to see McNabb leave the NFC East.